The Indian general election date 2019 date kicked off polling on 11 April.
The Festival of Democracy, as stated by our current Prime Minister is on.
All the major brands of India are colored by its flavor as well. But when was the last time you came home during the elections?
If you didn’t then this is the time to do it.
The Reason, you ask? There are 4.
Here are those-
1– There is a substitute to voting but you don’t have a clone yet
Ok, there is no online voting option available. But just as you order favorite food via an app, you can get registered and get your EPIC card back home.
Just log onto https://eci.gov.in/voter/service-overseas-voter and get the formalities done. After you submit the form, you can re-register yourself once you get back. Hassle-free, your status of being an ‘Overseas Voter’ will make things easier this time.
Voting is never bad nor you coming back home. A little sabbatical never hurts.
All said and done, there is no way you can replace yourself. Right? After all, there is no possibility to send someone to meet your family on your behalf. Can you?!
2- The Theory of personal relativity:
There is a very less probability of you going back the very next day. A holiday is called a holiday for a reason. It helps redirect you to log in your life on short notice.
Also, you cannot return back in a day because of-
- -jet lag
- -personal accountability & commitments
- -official obligations (if any)
- -family responsibilities (true yet sidelined)
- -execution of further plans
3- You can roam in your free days:
All of us have travel goals in life. And life is short. There is no perfect time for traveling (sans the weather). You certainly don’t want to regret not traveling to places you always planned. Now is the time to do it. Take a short trip to those favorite spots. Go back with a rejuvenated and refreshed mind and soul. Travel does that to you, always! Period.
4- You can go to the place you always wanted:
The elections have already started. The first two phases are already over (11 &18 April). This means two things. You can travel to the places where the election has been held. And you can also visit the ones where it is still pending. Getting a hotel booking done is the first step you need to be doing right now.
The impending dates of Lok Sabha election 2019 are- 6 May, 12 May, 19 May
Top places to visit post elections phases are-
- Kolkata: The city of Joy. It’s always a blessing to be in Kolkata. Check out the colonial feel in Shyambazar or the imperial majesty of the Victoria Memorial in Dharmatalla area, Kolkata never disappoints. Sitting on the banks of Ganges in Princep Ghat is always exhilarating. Booking cheap flights to Kolkata is easy as well. Click on the link and get started.
- Assam: The land of the one-horned rhino, Assam is the true mystic of the East. You can visit the Manas and the Kaziranga National Park or the temples. The choice is yours. Don’t forget to be in the Silk bazaar and seeing the Kamakhya Temple as well. Booking a flight to India’s northeast, Guwahati will change the way you see the North-East.
Top places to visit pre-elections phases are-
- Gujrat: The abode of the white marshlands, Gujrat is vibrancy personified. From being a textile state to the land of colors, Gujrat is flamboyant exuberant beauty. Head to Gujrat if you want to have the best vegetarian delicacies. The Asiatic lion awaits your arrival there. Get your cheap flights to Ahmedabad or Surat done today and begin roaming.
- Himachal: The land of Himalayas, Himachal emanates mini Europe feels. Walking in the lap of snow is always relieving, especially if summer is near. The land of the Shivalik Range, Himachal is an artist’s imagination personified. Book a non-stop flight to Chandigarh and let the ball rolling.
The time is running out. Come back home and enjoy your short vacation today!